Brickwork Finance Academy’s Banking and Financial Analyst program prepares candidates to be more employable in both domestic and international BFSI sectors. The jobs are available both in international and domestic markets. The firms that offer analysts jobs but focus on international financial markets are large IT firms and captives of MNC - investment banks, commercial banks, mutual funds, insurance firms etc. The companies that offer jobs in domestic sector are large Indian and Foreign Commercial Banks, Mutual funds, Insurance companies as well as Corporates in their Finance and Treasury departments. The BFA course outline addresses both the needs and the candidate would be exposed to the Indian and the International financial Markets. For instance the US would call Profit and Loss Statements as Income Statements and show assets on the left side of balance sheets. The BFA course covers all such nuances and makes candidates familiar with both Indian and International markets.
Firms that focus on International BFSI
- IT firms like IBM, Accenture, Infosys, Wipro, Cognizant, TCS etc. get almost 40% of their business from the BFSI sector and hire large number of engineering graduates and business analysts
- The outsourcing captives like JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Fidelity, Bank of America – Merrill Lynch, Deutsche Bank, Citi Bank, New York Life etc. hire large number of graduates, MBA, CFA, CA etc. as Research Analysts. The research analysts usually follow international financial markets in debt and equity, gather financial information of quarterly earnings releases, update databases as well as do challenging tasks like equity research reports, fixed income security analysis, valuation etc.
Companies that focus on Domestic BFSI
- Large commercial banks like State Bank of India, Bank of Baroda, Canara Bank, Punjab National Bank, Corporation Bank etc. hire thousands of graduates either as loan officers, credit analysts and research analysts. They look for general skills in corporate finance, credit management, understanding of Basel standards etc.
- A number of Indian investment banks like SBI Caps, ICICI Securities, JM Financial, DSP, etc, and foreign Investment Banks like Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Citibank hire investment analysts that can understand the financial statements, talk with customers and prepare equity research, fixed income research, valuation reports.
- Many large and medium sized corporate look for finance analysts who understand the corporate finance concepts, do liaison with banks for loans, manage treasury functions look for skills in the domestics BFSI. However they also benefit from knowledge of international BFSI, for analyzing international funding options like Foreign currency convertible bonds (FCCB), export import finance etc.
Careers for working professionals
- Those working in the IT firms in BFSI sectors focusing on international markets can benefit from the BFA program. They will appreciate the client requirements better and gain better domain expertise. They will be able to stake claims for client facing positions in the foreign countries. They will also be able to change their careers into other non IT firms that focus on international and domestic BFSI shown above.
- Those working in the corporate sectors can benefit from the BFA course to get promotions as well as change their careers into the domestic and international BFSI companies.
Careers for students
- Job market has become tough for almost all students. More than 70% graduates are unemployable and do not get jobs in large organized companies. Due to large number of engineering colleges the competition in job markets has gone up exponentially. Those who get an additional certification offered by BFA on their CV will do better in interviews.
- All the firms that focus on both international and domestic BFSI described above would be looking for bright students who understand finance.
- College students with passion for Finance, willing to work hard and are able to attend classes on Saturdays can take the BFA course. They would receive certification only on successful passing of the course and the certification will be given upon graduation.